The Knowledge Management Department (KMD) will strive to serve and provide SC Knowledge Hub users with the following list of services and assistance impartially.
- To provide suitable print or electronic resources that are required for
research and reference purposes through new purchases and/or inter-library loans from participating libraries/institutions.
- To process and make avail newly acquired materials no longer than 3 working
days from the date of arrival of the books (1 working day for journals).
- To provide access to available online journals upon request.
Circulations and Loans
- To facilitate customised loan arrangements (e.g. long term loans, self-service renewals, recalls and inter-library loans).
- To re-shelve returned items which have been borrowed or used in-house
- To check and ensure that all items are shelved accurately on a daily basis.
- To obtain books sourced via inter-library loans services within 2 days of
- To offer users with reference and enquiry services, either in-person, by phone or email.
- To respond to enquiries from clients (whether in-person, via telephone
and email) immediately.
- To maintain a courteous and cordial relationship with our users.
- To respond to users’ inquiries or provide referrals to another staff